Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thankful

Some of you know that our house we live in has some serious issues! Like it was all (except for three rooms) painted an interesting fleshy pink color when we moved in, it has some strange wiring issues, the yard has taken hundreds of hours of work and still has hundreds more that it needs, you know stuff like that. But, one thing I have been and continue to be very thankful for about our house (besides the fact that we are blessed to actually have a nice house with a beautiful view) is the flowers! Whoever used to live in our house may not have cared about keeping things up, but they loved flowers!!

Right now we have at least four colors of iris blooming, white peonies, hot pink peonies that are about to start blooming. We already had tons of daffodils, forsythias and pear trees that bloomed in the early spring along with a lilac bush that is so pretty. We have several crape myrtles and rose of sharon bushes that bloom in the summer. Isn't it amazing the beautiful colors God paints the world with!?

1 comment:

Ashley Fowlkes said...

I have loved the flowers in our yard, and I can take absolutely no credit for them. Reminds me of how God blesses me when I do nothing to deserve it. Thanks for reminding me to stop and smell the springtime! You're a dear!