Well, it has been quite a while since I last updated the blog. Things have been hectic around here. All three of us have been sick - and I mean in the bed sort of sick. No fun at all! My brother and Rachel and the kids were here for several days and we didn't even get to do anything fun - maybe next time they are here! Michael also had tubes put in his ears on May 30. It wasn't too bad of an experience - at least it is a very short surgery. Since he started feeling a little better last week he has slept through the night 3 times - hooray! While he was sick we were getting up 4-5 times a night and that wasn't any fun for anyone. Two Sundays ago I called my parents in Houston at 6:45 in the morning to see if mom could come up and help out for a few days. How fabulous to have parents that will drop what they are doing to take care of you!!! So, mom was here last week and helped us all get better. We are a much friendlier bunch now. ha! This morning I went to the doctor and got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time, it is so nice to feel like he/she is doing alright. Poor Chad has been working 6 days a week for the past 12 weeks - maybe longer, we can't remember. The week of July 4 he will have a vacation, so we are excited about that. Maybe he will be able to get some rest. We just found out today that my brother has an interview at Alvaton church of Christ for their Associate Minister position on June 24. We are so excited that they got the interview, and may be able to move closer to us if it all works out. That would be so nice!! I think it would be great for all of the family to live pretty close together, it's just no fun being so spread out. Ummm...I can't think of anything else interesting...sorry this is such a jumble, I'm trying to hurry because I ought to be doing laundry! Here is a picture of Michael in the process of his new trick - pulling up on his music table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hey Beth! So good to find your blog and see that your (growing) family is doing well. Michael is such a cutie; he's just a couple months older than my daughter Corban. I was in Bowling Green (at the Alvaton CoC) for my husband's niece's wedding two weeks ago; we go there a couple times a year to visit his sister and her family (her husband is one of the deacons there). I'll keep checking in on the blog to see how the progress on baby #2 goes. Take care!
Erin (Harrington) Cox
I used to have a blog, but when Corban came along I found I didn't have the time. Maybe I'll start one up now that she's getting older and napping so well.
So glad to hear that you guys are doing better. It's such a drag to be sick for an extended time, and when babies lose sleep, mommies lose sleep, and life is hard! That's exciting news about your brother. Nothing better than living close to family (not that I'd know, but I can dream!). Take care, and hope to see you soon (we're in LA until Thursday)!
I'm so glad you are feeling better and getting sleep! Love ya and see you soon!!
Glad you are all better. Michael sure is growing up quickly. We will have to get together soon.
Beth - I am so glad you all are feeling better. It is hard enough when your child is sick, but even harder when you are also sick. :-(
I was reading your first comment and realized that I work with Erin's brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Her daughter Corban is a real cutie!!! It is a small world!
Elaina
Glad you are better now.
I am SO THRILLED about your pregnancy. Super exciting to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I loved that day!
Sorry I couldn't stop and chat the other day at the mall.... I was on a mission to find something to wear for our family picture.
See you soon.
I'm glad you all are better. We prayed for Michael's tubes to be "uneventful"...isn't God so faithful to answer our prayers! I am so tickled (side note: I am so glad I proof-read this before posting...it totally said "ticked" that you are getting better rest...or perhaps I am subconsiously upset that your baby is sleeping and mine isn't??? :-) hee hee) you are getting better rest. Jenna Claire still gets up at night :-( but I keep reminding myself that it won't last forever (or at least I hope not). Glad to hear about your brothers interview at Alvaton. Keep us posted. We've been praying for Baby Reagan and will continue to do so...how exciting it is to hear that heart beating!! Way to go Michael with pulling up. I have a few similar pics of Jenna...maybe I'll post them soon. By the way...glad you're back blogging...I've missed reading your entries!
I'm so sorry that all of you have been sick. I have been meaning to call to see if everything is okay. If you ever need anything please just call. Michael is so cute!! When we moved back here it was so nice to close to home and family again. I wish the best for your brother and his family.
Post a Comment