Thursday, August 7, 2008

Easy Recipe Thursday

Here we are again - please leave a comment with a link to your blog so we will know to check out your recipe. I haen't tried this recipe yet, but I have it on the menu for tomorrow night - I think it sounds pretty good! Since it makes so many, I am sure you could freeze half, or it might be good for a birthday party or something...

Pizza Burgers
2lb ground beef
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 T sugar
26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
6 oz tomato paste
1 doz hamburger buns
8 oz (2 cups) mozzarella cheese
1/2 c parmesan cheese

Brown ground beef with pepper and onions, drain and set aside. Mix spaghetti sauce with tomato paste, stir into beef mixture. Spread some on each bun, sprinkle with both cheeses. Arrange on baking sheets (I think I would cover the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray so they don't stick) Bake at 425 until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. This was adapted from a recipe on the 'Gooseberry Patch' Website.

No comments: