Ok - here is one I have often thought about just as an example - Do you really think the world is billions of years old? I wonder if God created the world as whole, just like he created Adam as an adult. I also wonder - did he do things like making dinosaur bones/fossils just to give some people some employment? I mean if they were here millions of years ago and I'm wondering if the world is really that old, maybe God just put the dinosaur bones there to give people something to think about. I think God does that sometimes - leaves things out so we will have to think critically about a subject. Aren't there several subjects in the Bible that appear "muddy" to us? Or do we muddy the water by thinking about those subjects too much?
This is the way my brain works - I've always said I would like to have the job of thinking up questions for other people to research! :-) Please don't laugh at me too hard!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
One of my questions...
Posted by
Beth
at
4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girl, I've wondered the same things, if only I could turn these questions off when I am trying to relax. I think that I will go with the idea that God created a whole and complete, mature earth. But, we can all wonder and research if we get funding. I think that you would be perfect at thinking up questions for other people to study, that is called being a professor or teacher. Like, "Why is it 22 degrees this morning in Connecticut!"
I find it hard to think of God slapping his knee and laughing at the big joke of people trying to figure out dinosaurs if he just put bones there. Also, remember that Adam was told to REplenish the earth. Sounds like it was previously plenished!
Post a Comment