Here is a recipe I tried last night - it was a success for Chad and I, Michael still isn't so sure! :-)
Mexican Corn Chowder
2 cups cooked chicken, thawed (from Wednesday)
1/2 cup cooked onions, thawed (from freezer)
1-2 cloves garlic - minced
1 can chicken broth
1/2tsp cumin, ground
2 cups half & half or milk
3 cups cheese - monterey jack or mexican blend, shredded
2 cans creamed style corn
1 can chopped green chilies
1/2 cup salsa
fresh cilantro or parsley, optional
tortilla chips, optional
Combine chicken, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and cumin; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add half & half, cheese, corn, chilies, and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Stir in pimiento. Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, parsley, and tortilla chips, if desired.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Soup Weather!
Posted by
Beth
at
12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am not a big soup person, but this sounds really yummy. I will have to try this out when I get home.
This sounds really good. I just made chili for the first time in so long last night. I need to get back to recipe Thursday. Maybe soon. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment