Friday, June 5, 2009

OxyClean to the Rescue!!

I didn't take any before pictures so that I could show you the results of the BEST stain removal process I have ever seen! And if you have little kiddos running around I am sure you have shirts you have just written off due to spaghetti stains (the main culprit in our house) or chocolate. Instead of throwing them in the rag bag, try this.

Here's what you do:
-Get a clean bucket or large plastic bowl
-Fill with warm water and a scoop or two of Oxy Clean
-Let the clothes soak there for 2 days. Yes you read that right, 2 days.
-Wash and dry as usual

It seriously works! We had a stack of clothes that I had stain treated, bleached, etc and they would not come clean. Since the boys couldn't wear them out anywhere and I didn't know what to do them there was no harm in trying this out when my mom told me about it. I did the colors separate from the whites. Two things faded, a shirt that had a red collar and a green polo shirt. But, we saved about 15 other shirts!

Try it - hope it works for you too!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It does work! I do it ALL the time! Sun bleaching also works really great too!

Terri said...

I will be trying this. I have a bunch I could do this too! Thanks!